3.11.20

My #STROKELIFE Sharing Sessions: A Decade In


I "celebrated" my 10th Anniversary of surviving Stroke this October, with sharing my "Strokelife" online, which has since been made available for your listening considerations in three parts"

PART #1: Where I talk about my pre-Stroke lifestyle leading up to the day of my Stroke, on October 20th, 2010. I was forty-one years old when I suffered my (first) Stroke. (Direct link to Soundcloud recording HERE / Embedded below).



DURATION: 1:38:16
SPOKEN LANGUAGE: (Primarily) English
WARNING: Coarse/Adult Language Used.

PART #2: Where I shared my post-Stroke recovery for the first 6-8 months, with hospital stay and rehabilitation. (Direct link to Soundcloud recording HERE / Embedded below).



DURATION: 1:36:29
SPOKEN LANGUAGE: (Primarily) English
WARNING: Coarse/Adult Language Used.

PART #3: Where I shared my Strokelife for the past ten years, and an update to my current state of health. Viewable via a youtube video recording posted below (because I had exceeded my free Soundcloud upload limit :p).



DURATION: 1:14:37
SPOKEN LANGUAGE: (Primarily) English + (Simple) Mandarin.
WARNING: Coarse/Adult Language Used.

THE STORY OF STROKELIFE: I had initially done a FACEBOOK LIVE sharing session on October 24th (Q&A HERE), which I had since Privated, primarily because I had felt it was too huge a chunk for folks to have to go through, and admittedly I'd felt uncomfortable for oversharing TMI in personal sharing ... but had felt I still had wanted to share my experience for folks' point of reference and knowledge, NOT that I was offering medical advice nor "selling" anything, but at the very least be able to provide one person's point-of-view and experience = something I wished I had access to, when I fell to Stroke so many years ago.

And so I decided to re-record my share (and I am also currently unable to edit on my desktop, in the first place), but this time planning to do so in "shorter" chunks, and maybe less TMI - even though I also recognised sharing all these were also meant to symbolically stop myself from "talking about Stroke" again, a decade in ...

The irony being, instead of the 3 hours 40+minuter Facebook Live recording, I now have a combined total of (slightly over) 4 hours' worth of words and my whining OMG ~ LOL

But I don't beat myself over it (much) ... it is what it is. It is a huge chunk of my life - essentially 1/5th of my entire life (I'd just turned 51 years old in late-September), so it still is and will always remain apart of my life, whether I talk about it publicly or not.

I'll end this entry with a re-look at a video recording of how I was, 2 days after succumbing to Stroke, filmed on October 22nd, 2010, when my mouth straighten back after a couple of days being crooked/drooped, and voice slowly returning ...



Thank you for listening.
Stay healthy, cheers.
Andy Heng


ASIDE: I am accepting PayPal donations via "toysrevil@yahoo.com" (Payment type under "Friends and Family"). Thank you for your considerations and generosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment